Great as a snack or to put on the table to sprinkle over whatever you’re having to add some crunch. They’ll keep in an airtight container for up to five days.
Great on their own or you could mix them with popcorn, toasted seeds (and/or nuts, if appropriate) and dried fruits to create a homemade trail mix.
|Ingredients||Equipment to have ready|
|400g can of chickpeas (or use home cooked chickpeas)||Baking tray|
|400g can of lentils (or use home cooked lentils)||Colander|
|½ tbsp olive oil|
|Salt and pepper|
|1 tsp (hot or sweet) smoked paprika (or your choice of spices – curry powder, garam masala, cinnamon or cumin, coriander and turmeric all work well)|
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C.
- Drain the chickpeas and lentils in a colander and allow them to dry off for 5 minutes or so.
- Tip them onto a baking tray and coat with the olive oil, a little salt and pepper and the paprika (or your chosen spices).
- Bake in the oven for 30-45 minutes until crunchy all the way through.
- Allow to cool before transferring to an airtight container.