Whether you’re trying to introduce more plant-based cooking or looking for something a little lighter on your pocket, my veggie enchiladas are just the meal to try.
|Ingredients||Equipment to have ready|
|1 tbsp olive oil||Chopping board|
|1 red pepper, cut into small cubes||Sharp knife|
|150g mushrooms, cut into small pieces||Large frying pan|
|1 clove garlic, finely chopped||Teaspoon measure or teaspoon|
|1/2 tsp ground cumin||Oven proof dish|
|1 tsp ground coriander|
|1 tsp paprika|
|1/4 tsp ground cinnamon|
|1 tsp chipotle sauce|
|1 tin black beans, drained and rinsed|
|1 small tin sweetcorn, drained|
|1/2 roasted butternut squash|
|100g feta, crumbled (or vegan equivalent)|
|8 corn tortillas|
|Grated cheddar (or vegan equivalent)|
|Salt and pepper|
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan then fry the mushrooms and peppers on a high heat with a grinding of pepper.
- When soft and the water from the mushrooms has evaporated, turn the heat down low, add the garlic and cook for a minute while stirring.
- Stir in the spices then add the black beans, sweetcorn and butternut squash.
- Cook to heat through. Taste to check the seasoning then leave to cool.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C Fan.
- Stir through the crumbled feta.
- Warm the tortillas in the microwave for 20 seconds to make pliable.
- Divide the mixture into 8 and roll up into the tortillas.
- Place in an oven proof dish and pour over the passata then top with cheese.
- Bake in the oven for around 15-20 mins until hot through, bubbling and the cheese golden.