Looking for a way to use up some leftover Christmas pudding? Look no further and give my Christmas pudding parcels a try.
Treat unsuspecting visitors over the next couple of days to a Christmas pudding parcel and a glass of sherry or whiskey and you’ll soon be all out of pudding.
12 sheets of filo pastry
leftover cooked Christmas pudding
50ml cold custard
50g melted butter
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C.
- Cut the sheets of pastry into quarters so that you have squares.
- Take one square and brush with melted butter.
- Place another square on top.
- Take a large teaspoon of pudding and mould into a ball in your hand.
- Make a small hole in the top of the ball of pudding and pour in a little custard.
- Place the pudding in the centre of the pastry square.
- Pull up one corner of the pastry and then work your way around the square pulling up the sides to make a little purse.
- Carefully pinch together to seal and place on a baking tray.
- Continue with the rest of the pastry and pudding.
- Brush the parcels with butter and bake in the oven for 15 – 20 minutes until the pastry is crisp and golden.
- Great as they are, hot or cold, or served with a little custard on the side.