Taking inspiration from my favourite dessert, tiramisu, this is my family-friendly raspberry and orange notamsu. I could make a tiramisu and not allow the children to eat it but apparently that’s not fair?!
I love the combination of raspberry and orange. I know they aren’t in season at the same time and that’s why I have a stash of frozen fruits in the freezer.
Now, give me some privacy please while I sit here and lick the bowl clean!
|Ingredients||Equipment to have ready|
|A bag of frozen raspberries (350-400g)||Medium sized bowl|
|3 heaped tsp icing sugar||Small bowl|
|1-2 shots Raspberry vodka/liqueur (optional)||Large mixing bowl|
|300ml double cream||Balloon whisk or electric hand whisk|
|150- 200ml orange juice||Spoons|
|1-1.5 pack of ladyfingers/savoiardi biscuits/sponge fingers||Serving dish|
- Transfer the frozen raspberries to a medium sized bowl and take out some whole, better looking ones to set aside for decoration. You can store them in the freezer until you need them.
- Stir through the icing sugar and leave to defrost.
- Once defrosted, pour in the raspberry vodka/liqueur, if using, and squash the raspberries using the back of a spoon to turn it into more of a puree.
- Pour the double cream into a large mixing bowl and whisk until firm.
- Pour the orange juice into a small bowl.
- Soak the fingers in orange juice and create a layer in bottom of your serving bowl. Drizzle over a little more juice to ensure they’re thoroughly soaked.
- Spread half the raspberry puree over the top followed by half of the cream.
- Repeat with another layer of soaked fingers, raspberry puree and cream.
- Decorate with the reserved frozen raspberries.
- Cover and leave it in the fridge for a couple of hours before eating.