Corn on the cob is great steamed with just a knob of butter melting over it and it’s wonderful cooked on the BBQ. But, it is out of this world when grilled and finished with butter and lime!
|Ingredients||Equipment to have ready|
|4 cobs of corn or 8 half cobs||Microwaveable bowl|
|1 tbsp olive oil||Heavy bottomed frying pan or griddle|
|Large knob of butter (approx. 20g)|
|1 lime, juiced|
|Finely chopped red chilli (optional)|
- First steam the sweetcorn in a bowl in the microwave with a little water and covered. You might need to do it two batches. Cook on full power for 4-5 minutes until just soft. You could also do this in a pan if you prefer.
- Heat the frying pan or griddle on a high heat until searing hot.
- Add the olive oil and then the sweetcorn and cook until brown all over.
- Turn off the heat, add the butter and pour over the lime juice. Coat the corn all over in the butter and juice.
- Sprinkle over the red chilli, if using, and serve.