This zingy granita is lovely and refreshing on its own but works particularly well with a fruit salad.
In true Kitchen Titbits style, this recipe makes use of the whole ingredients – the squeezed lime halves and mint stalks imparting their flavour into the sugar syrup along with the mint leaves, lime juice and lime zest.
|Ingredients||Equipment to have ready|
|100g sugar||Small saucepan|
|200ml water||Measuring jug|
|8-10 mint stalks, stalks separated and put to one side, leaves very finely chopped||Spoon|
|2.5 limes, zested and juiced, and squeezed halves put to one side||Airtight container with a lid|
- Put the sugar and water in a saucepan and gently heat to dissolve the sugar, stirring occasionally, to make a sugar syrup.
- Once the sugar has dissolved, boil for 2 minutes then take off the heat.
- Put the mint stalks and squeezed lime halves in the sugar syrup and leave it to cool.
- Put the finely chopped mint, lime zest and juice in an airtight container.
- Strain the sugar syrup into the container and stir to mix.
- Put the lid on the box and put it in the freezer.
- Stir every 30 minutes with a fork until frozen (around 4 hours).