A great quick and easy summery side dish, also delicious served simply on a slice of sourdough toast (grating of Parmesan optional).
|Ingredients||Equipment to have ready|
|1 tbsp olive oil||Chopping board|
|1 courgette, quartered lengthways and sliced||Sharp knife|
|1 shallot or 1/4 onion, finely chopped||Frying pan|
|1 clove garlic, finely chopped||Zester or grater|
|Zest of 1 lemon, finely chopped or grated|
|1/2 tin haricot beans, drained and rinsed|
|100ml veg stock|
|Juice of 1/2 to 1 lemon|
|Small handful of mint leaves, finely chopped|
|Salt and pepper|
- Add the oil to the frying pan and heat until very hot.
- Brown the courgette with tiny amount of salt and some pepper.
- Turn the heat down low to sweat the onion and garlic, cooking until the onion is soft and translucent. Keep stirring so as not to let the garlic burn.
- Now in with the zest and the beans. Stir well.
- Pour in the stock, bring to the boil and simmer gently for a few minutes.
- Add the juice of half the lemon and the mint and turn off the heat. Stir and taste to check the seasoning and to see whether you want to add more lemon juice.