A lovely non-alcoholic drop of fizz!
Makes 4 champagne flutes worth
|Equipment to have ready
|2 tbsp sugar
|20g basil leaves
|Small sieve/tea strainer
|Cold sparkling water (approx. 650ml)
- First make a sugar syrup by putting the sugar and 2 tbsp cold water in a small pan over a low heat. Heat until the sugar has dissolved. Take off the heat and allow to cool.
- Using a peeler, remove the zest from the lemons and put into a large jug. Squeeze in the juice and throw in the remaining squeezed lemon halves.
- Throw in the basil leaves and then give the lemon and basil a really good bash with the end of the rolling pin.
- Pour in the sugar syrup and top up the jug with the sparking water. Stir well.
- Strain the drink through a small sieve or tea strainer into your glasses.