More of an assembly of goodies than a recipe, using ingredients that can usually be found in my freezer; a batch-cooked dhal and a naan from the supermarket or local Asian shop. Serve with a good dollop of mango chutney, lime pickle or raita.
|Ingredients||Equipment to have ready|
|1 large plain naan or a smaller naan split in half*||Toastie maker|
|Sunflower oil||Sharp knife|
|1 portion dhal||Pastry brush or kitchen towel|
- You don’t really need me to tell you how to make a toastie but…pre-heat the toastie maker.
- Cut the naan into two squares to fit the toastie maker.
- Brush the toastie maker lightly with oil to prevent the naan sticking, using a pastry brush, or very carefully with some kitchen towel.
- Lay down the first piece of naan in the toastie maker, spoon in some dhal and lay the other piece of naan on top.
- Close the toastie maker and cook until sealed, hot and crispy.
*I like the Riya brand of naan, available in Asda. They’re really quite large and perfect for a dhal naan toastie!