This quick salad goes really well with my feta stuffed peppers and aubergine.
|Ingredients||Equipment to have ready|
|1 tbsp flaked almonds (optional)||Chopping board|
|1/2 cucumber||Sharp knife|
|1 tbsp pomegranate molasses||Mixing bowl|
|1/2 tbsp olive oil||Measuring spoons|
|Salt||Small frying pan|
|A few sprigs of mint|
- Start by toasting the almonds, if using, in a small frying pan, over a low heat, until golden. Keep an eye on them as they can burn quickly. Set aside.
- Half the cucumber lengthways and then chop into about 5cm chunks.
- Using the side of the knife or a large spoon, bash the cucumber a little then transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Pour the pomegranate molasses and olive oil over the cucumber and season with a small pinch of salt. Stir well and set aside until you’re ready to serve.
- Remove the mint leaves from the stalks and roughly chop or rip.
- Stir the salad and sprinkle the mint and toasted almonds over before serving.