|Ingredients||Equipment to have ready|
|4 salmon fillets||Baking tray|
|1 tsp sunflower oil||Large microwave safe bowl|
|1 tbsp Caribbean all-purpose seasoning||Clingfilm|
|200g Basmati rice||Sharp knife|
|1 tin black beans, drained||Chopping board|
|25g coconut cream, roughly chopped|
|Two sprigs of thyme|
|12 tbsp frozen peas|
|½ pineapple, cut into a small dice|
|½ red onion, finely chopped|
|1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped|
|1 lime, juiced|
|Salt and pepper|
|2 tbsp coriander, chopped|
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Wash the salmon and dry with kitchen towel.
- Place on a baking tray, rub with the oil and Caribbean seasoning then season with a little salt and pepper. Set aside whilst you prepare the rice.
- Put the rice in a large bowl with the black beans, coconut cream and thyme. Pour in twice as much water as you have rice. Cover with cling film, pierce with a small hole and cook in the microwave on medium for 12 minutes.
- Once the rice is in the microwave, put the salmon in the oven and cook for 10-15 minutes, until cooked through.
- Whilst the rice and salmon are cooking, prepare the salsa. Mix the pineapple, red onion and red chilli together, pour on the lime juice and season with salt and pepper.
- When the rice is cooked, add the frozen peas and run a fork through to fluff it up. Cover over again and leave for a few minutes to allow the peas to defrost.
- Stir the coriander into the salsa just before serving.