An irresistible pud for any time of year.
This recipe is one of many great dishes from my cookbook The Parrots Eat ’em All: Every day recipes for natural pain relief.
|Ingredients||Equipment to have ready|
|100g plain flour||Large mixing bowl|
|75g porridge oats||Spook|
|100g butter, cut into rough cubes||Chopping board|
|50g sugar||Sharp knife|
|20g walnuts, roughly chopped||Baking dish|
|20g hazelnuts, roughly chopped||Baking tray|
|10g flaked almonds|
|20g mixed seeds (sunflower seeds, flax, chia, sesame, pumpkin)|
|400g mixed frozen berries (your choice of blueberries, cherries, raspberries, strawberries)|
|4 pears, cored and chopped into rough cubes|
- Preheat the oven to 180C (Fan).
- Put the flour, oats and butter in the mixing bowl. Gently rub the butter into the flour and oats with the tips of your fingers until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Stir through the sugar, nuts and seeds.
- Put the berries and pear into the baking dish and top with the crumble mixture.
- Put the baking dish onto a baking tray in case of any bubbling over. Bake the crumble in the oven for around 30 minutes until the juices are bubbling and the crumble topping is golden brown.