An irresistible pud for any time of year.
This recipe is one of many great dishes from my cookbook The Parrots Eat ’em All: Every day recipes for natural pain relief.
|Equipment to have ready
|100g plain flour
|Large mixing bowl
|75g porridge oats
|100g butter, cut into rough cubes
|20g walnuts, roughly chopped
|20g hazelnuts, roughly chopped
|10g flaked almonds
|20g mixed seeds (sunflower seeds, flax, chia, sesame, pumpkin)
|400g mixed frozen berries (your choice of blueberries, cherries, raspberries, strawberries)
|4 pears, cored and chopped into rough cubes
- Preheat the oven to 180C (Fan).
- Put the flour, oats and butter in the mixing bowl. Gently rub the butter into the flour and oats with the tips of your fingers until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Stir through the sugar, nuts and seeds.
- Put the berries and pear into the baking dish and top with the crumble mixture.
- Put the baking dish onto a baking tray in case of any bubbling over. Bake the crumble in the oven for around 30 minutes until the juices are bubbling and the crumble topping is golden brown.